AccuEasy 3D Exploding Cubes

I have written about how easy 3D Exploding Cubes are with #AccuQuilt, but I decided to re-do my sample using better colors. Last time I just used odds and ends, and it was hard to see the 3D effect. This time I still used some scrap fabric, but I did plan out a coordinated color scheme.

Using the 2.5" strip die, and the equilateral triangle die (55079), this is an easy pattern to whip up.   Start by cutting 2.5" strips, then subcutting them on the 60 degree line on that same strip cutter.  You could actually do the entire pattern with the parallelograms if you don't mind "y" seams.





If you wish to get rid of the "y" seams, you can replace the red and the purple pieces used in this example with equilateral triangles. 


After selecting your colors and getting the design laid out, just sew the pieces in rows, then join the rows together.  Ta Da Done!







Comments

Popular Posts