2020 Off to a Good Start



2020 is off to a good start.  I have cleaned and organized my stash.  I try to not be too crazy - but fabric is such an inexpensive hobby, comparatively speaking. (I mean, if I collected purses or shoes or fancy figurines, those hobbies would cost a lot more!)  I limit my quilting cotton to one closet. I do have minky, flannel, and other fabrics (that I honestly don't have too much of) elsewhere. (And a funny story... last time I folded the fabric, I had a bit more than would fit in that closet. Determined to keep to my self-imposed limit I refolded all of the fabric, to take advantage of the front portion of the shelves that wasn't being used at that time.  And, the extra weight on the front of the shelves toppled the whole shelving unit off the wall.  Hubby reinstalled the shelves and used cement bolts that will never let that happen again.  LOL!)

Getting a good start on the year, with my fabric nicely folded, and my smaller pieces are all in bins according to size, is a good feeling!  Thanks to my AccuQuilt, I am able to keep ahead of my smaller pieces by cutting them up as I go. 
And, thanks to "Beaquilter" I even organized my quilting books.  She will be having a blog hop and has challenged folks to find and use their older quilting books.  And, I admit to having a few of those.  My tastes have changed since I purchased books "way back when", but this should still be a fun exercise.





Comments

Popular Posts